Economic and Market Studies
Insights to guide planning and development decision making.
The planning you do for your community will have both immediate impact and impact for generations. It’s helpful to know the weight and effects of your planning decisions. The test of market viability is essential to development decisions and, therefore, fundamental to a quality master plan.
We dig deep in our analysis of market potential especially for redevelopment projects and downtown / infill development. We provide two types of economic market studies: market evaluation and fiscal impact:
- Market evaluations provide an inventory of existing development, projections of demand for new space — especially specialty retail and restaurant space, and reasonable estimates for the absorption of new space. The results of our work have been crucial for both public and private development decision-making.
- Fiscal impact evaluations project both the revenues (primarily the real property tax) and costs (by budget line item or service category) related to new development.
This information has been crucial for go or no-go decision-making for towns or cities considering annexing new territory. The results inform the negotiations we conduct as we work to ensure the best annexation and development agreements for our clients.
Economic and Market Studies Services
- Demand projections for retail, food and beverage, restaurant, office sectors by type, and residential areas
- Absorptions projections by land use
- Fiscal impact evaluations
- Impact fee evaluations